PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette of a lonely tree

Deepak Ramani
26-03-2012, 08:06 PM
My first post in landscapes. Full frame. Canon 400D + 300mm f4 IS.
Exif: 1/60s, f4, ISO 1600. Handheld, hence the high ISO.

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Lovely landscape. The tree looks nice. The vertical composition looks good. I think a bit less dark area at the bottom and more of the sky would look nice. Did you click using a tripod? Thanks for sharing.

Deepak Ramani
26-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi Mrudul,
This is was handheld. Thanks for the comment. Yes, I too feel it would have been better to give a little bit less space for the dark parts. But I had very little time to compose as it was getting dark very fast.

regards,
Deepak

Murugan Anantharaman
27-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Nice image of the solo tree. The prominent tri colors at the background complement well with the tree. Agree about the dark lower patch. I was just about to write maybe you should have clicked a few minutes back, but you said it in your second post :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Deepak,
Where was this clicked? I agree that a little bit early would have given you better colours. However, the light changes very fast and one has to be ready at the right place with the right composition. That is the challenge in landscape photography. May be if you get a chance to go back to the same place in good light, then it would be nice. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi