PDA

View Full Version : Greetings everyone!

Vamshi Bandi
30-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm Vamshi Bandi from Hyderabad. I'm not great with photography, but make do with my pocket digital camera. I study in the University of Hyderabad, which is full of wildlife, lakes, large tracts of forests. So I let myself loose whenever I'm free armed with my cam to capture the wildlife.

In the two years of my stay here, I have encountered a lot of animals and managed to click some. I would love to share my pictures here on the forum. Though I must warn you that the pictures are not Dslr quality. I also write some blogs on wildlife every now and then.

Mrudul Godbole
30-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello Vamshi,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Having a DSLR is not always necessary to be a photographer. So many of us here started with a small digital camera. You can always shift to DSLR later when you feel more confident. Presently you can concentrate more on understanding the behavior, getting to know the different species of birds and increase your knowledge about wildlife. That will help later. Look forward to see your images. Keep posting.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Vamsi,
Welcome to IndiaWilds. Mrudul has given good advice. Be prepared for the long journey. Don't get deterred that you don't have a DSLR now. Till 1992, I was mostly clicking with a compact camera and even pooling money with friends to buy and develop rolls. Then I bought my manual SLR camera. So better to utilise your time in observing the behaviour of birds and animals. One needs to be a good naturalist to become a good wildlife photographer or filmmaker.

Sabyasachi

Vamshi Bandi
02-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the tips and advice. I guess I'll train myself with a normal cam before I buy myself a Dslr. I actually have a couple of low angle photos, but I chose this one because I wanted the shell to be completely visible. Thanks for the feedback :001_smile:

Bhargava Srivari
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Hello Vamsi.

Nice to come across someone who shares the same passion from Hyderabad. Myself, Supreet Sahoo, and Atish Chakraborthy- all of them members of this forum, keep doing weekend birdwatching together once in a while, and for this weekend we had zeroed in on the University of Hyderabad :) Let me know if you are in the campus, and it will be good to catch up for a while!

Cheers and good luck.

Vamshi Bandi
02-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Sorry I couldn't reply soon as I was off the radar for a while as I had my exams going on. In case you guys are planning to come to the campus, do let me know in advance. My number is 9490046105. :001_smile: