PDA

View Full Version : Milvus Migrans

V S Sankar
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
This Black Kite came visiting my home and spend some time with us!

Canon 400D,55-250IS,f5.6,1/250,shutter prio,ISO 400,cropped slightly

Regards
V S Sankar

Prasad Dingankar
07-04-2012, 10:38 PM
wow... thats very nice.. even birds comes to visit your house... great, I like it
Thanks for sharing

Supreet Sahoo
08-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Nice close shot of the black kite here. The eye contact is good and the details on the head is neat. I would have still preferred more space around the bird and and a wider aperture so that more of the bird is in focus. All in all a good moment. Do you have a vertical which has the legs included?

Tfs
Supreet

Murugan Anantharaman
09-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Nice image of the bird. Nice to know birds spend time with you :) Am sure your house must be one of those lovely kerala houses with a lovely green backyard full of trees. Agree with supreet, a vertical composition with the legs would look better. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
09-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Murugan,the house you mentioned is the one I wish to stay.Lot of grass and big backyard with big trees!

But dont make any mistake,I stay in a concrete jungle.The coconut trees(as they are in Kerala)are the only respite from man made walls.But despite all this,the black kite arrived and spend time in my house(out side my house ,of course).Another friend of mine is the sunbird which comes more often.....

Regards

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Good close up.Nice eye contact.The bill ,which always attracts me, looks so distinctive.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Lovely Sankar, its good that these birds visit you. It sure is a feel good factor that the birds come and you can photograph them, but you could investigate what attracts them. Coconut trees are by the dozen in kerala so that may not be the reason. One other reason could be if they happened to come over to your place and found food and maybe find it everytime they visit. That really attracts.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Sankar,
The eye contact and pose is nice. It would have looked great with the complete feet/talons. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Sabyasachi