PDA

View Full Version : Himalay Beauties- Green Tailed Sun Bird

Harshad Barve
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Taken at Manas NP and trust me this is a skuller bird. This is a record shot.

This is my first attempt with this but will get him nailed down in Eaglenest Trip :D

Nikon D300
Nikon 600MM
ISO 200 (?)

C & C most welcome

Harshad

Kiran Ghadge
11-05-2009, 02:21 PM
This is beautilful bird.Magical colors...you have done fantastic job in capturing this.
What was the Aperture ? tail part look out of focus..
Also I feel ISO above 200 would have added lot more noise and might have degrade the details. there is already noise visible.
did you tried noise ninja ?

Sabyasachi Patra
11-05-2009, 02:30 PM
EXIF: ISO 400, F4, 1/60 sec. I use the firefox browser with a special plugin for checking the exif details. You can find the plugin here
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508

I wish you had better light. The sharpness is better than what is expected from 1/60 shutter speed. The black portion below the eye has lost details. The highlights can be recovered.

Good luck for your Eaglenest Trip. Wish to see many more beauties form there. When are you going there?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Agree with Sabyasachi regarding the dark areas. These could be opened up, but nevertherless an effective image.

Apana

Abhishek Jamalabad
12-05-2009, 08:03 AM
I dont really know what to say about the image since I'm a beginner... but this bird is magnificent. I'm seeing it for the first time, and it looks like something straight out of a fantasy movie!

Murugan Anantharaman
12-05-2009, 10:53 AM
What a riot of colours....lovely