PDA

View Full Version : Swash!

Abhishek Jamalabad
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
A slow-shutter experiment of the tide coming in. Clicked at Om beach, Gokarna, Karnataka. Held the camera with its base on a rock to get an angle as low as possible. The water swiftly came up to where I was, and I had to leap away with the camera :D. I clicked several such images, but I liked this one the most due to the smooth, non-frothy look of the water.

Canon 500D, 18-55mm IS
SS 0.5
Av 25
ISO 100
Full frame
Supported on a rock
Does the brightness need a boost?

Thanks, C&C awaited.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Slight boost in brightness will enhance the image. The lines leading towards the water look good. The depth of field is good. The low angle works here. What focal length did you use here? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi.
Focal length: 24mm

Mrudul Godbole
15-04-2012, 05:30 PM
The low angle look nice. I liked the composition. The smooth water flow has come out well. Did you take any other pictures of the beach? It surely is very nice location, provided not many people are there :). Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Mrudul: Tourists are indeed there :(. I had stayed in Gokarna only to meet some friends there and to use it as a base to visit Yana caves (the image of which i had posted earlier).

Bibhav Behera
16-04-2012, 09:37 AM
I like the inclusion of the 'pool' in this image. It draws the eye and gives and idea of the depth in the image. The water looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

What is the object (vegetation?) on top of the rock in the distance on the right?

Murugan Anantharaman
16-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Nice image Abhishek. The vertical eroded portions in the rocks to the left look nice. The water also seems sober largely due to the exposure effect. The slight tinge of the sunset enhances the image. Personally, the brightness works well for me as it gives a dusk feeling of light and darkness.Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone.
Bibhav: The vegetation is some shrubbery growing at the top of the rock. I wasn't there for long enough to explore the rock. From a distance, I saw several swifts flying about that spot.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
02-06-2012, 08:14 AM
A beautiful image...the composition and slow shutter speed convey the motion of the tide towards you...very well done!