PDA

View Full Version : Painted Stork Landing

Manasi Chaphalkar
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Canon Rebel T2i, 1/500sec
Av 8, ISO 640, Focal length 300mm

Saktipada Panigrahi
12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice landing pose.The wingspread looks good.The drips from the beak nicely documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
13-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Manasi,
Nice action. The water droplets add to the image. Looks like you were clicking using the Av mode. I am sure soon you will be able to know the amount of exposure compensation that you need to dial in based on the scene.

I guess you were using central AF point to focus? You can acquire focus using the central AF point and then use the outer AF points to lock focus and click. That will help you in composition with more space in front and less at the back. Look forward to more. I think in the short time that you had the camera with you, the result is good.

Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
13-04-2012, 10:23 AM
A good attempt Manasi considering the fact that this was your first trip with the new kit. The light seems to be really harsh. You should also add the Exposure value to the Exif data. Im guessing that this was also clicked in Jpeg. All in all a good effort to start with. Look forward to more from you.

Regards
Supreet

Murugan Anantharaman
13-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Nice image of the painted stork landing. As Saktida mentioned the water droplets look nice, gives the feeling the stork was spitting small diamonds :) Where was this photographed?? Thanks for sharing.

Manasi Chaphalkar
13-04-2012, 10:25 PM
This image is clicked at Ranganthittu.

Sabyasachi
I was using just the without flash mode...yes about exposure and other AF details i have yet to understand it..some of my queries regarding exposure and AF locking i will put under Equipment Discusssions.

Supreet
Unfortunately all images in JPEG. :(