PDA

View Full Version : Tadoba Visit in May,2012!!!

Murugan Anantharaman
13-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi All, I hope to visit Tadoba in the last week of May (peak summer) next month. It greatly depends on my official travel wherein I hope to return to India before May end from South Africa. Had been keeping busy this year so could not visit any jungle or NP.

If anyone happens to be in tadoba around that time, it will be nice to catch up. Please let me know, looking forward to meeting other members in the field.

Bhargava Srivari
15-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Murugan,

Nice to know that you will return to India before the end of summer and plan on visiting a national park. May end will be a good time to vsit Tadoba, at least from the sightings perspective. If you plan on a better jungle experience (read greener surroundings), the second week of June should be a better bet. At this time, though the pre-monsoon showers will make the forest relatively greener, I'm guessing that sightings will still continue to happen because the water availability will still be limited. And by the way, myself along with a couple of other Indiawilds members plan on being in tadoba during the second week of June.

Cheers

Sabyasachi Patra
15-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Good to know that some members are meeting. Good chance to interact.

Better not to visit during the hot summer. Though sightings are much easier, there would be madness all around. I have sighted tiger even in rains in tadoba.

Bhargava Srivari
15-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Since the topic of members meeting has arised, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a open Indiawilds members meet sometime? :)

Moving on, I agree that it is best to visit jungles when the crowds are low, but this year, I have heard that the interior routes of tadoba may be closed down during monsoons; In fact there have been rumors of the jungle being shut down completely for the 3 months. Hope that doesn't happen.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Good idea. We can conduct a IndiaWilds meet. We need to give members sufficient time to book their flight and train tickets. Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Murugan Anantharaman
16-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the response Bhargava and Sabyasachi.

Bhargava: Last week of May or second week of June is not a great change for me. I can make it in the second week of June. Infact May end seems tentative, my SA trip seems to be extending a bit and I think June is when I would make it afterall. Keep me posted on your
itinerary, I have a couple of friends joining me we'll try and catch up.

Sabyasachi: It'll be a good idea to have a Indiawilds meet. Has there been a prior Indiawilds meet?

Manasi Chaphalkar
16-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I am planning to visit Tadoba in first week of June ..if anyone is interested to join is welcome and if members are planning for June 2nd week tat will also be fine with me..

Nice suggestion to conduct Indiawilds members meet..Has any place been suggested yet?or is it Tadoba?

Looking forward to more suggestions.. :)

Regards
Manasi

Mrudul Godbole
16-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Murugan, we didnt have a IndiaWilds meet till now. I think doing a IndiaWilds meet is a good idea. Deciding on the place and the date is one major thing. Any suggestions for place and time are welcome, then we can see how many people can come.

Bhargava Srivari
16-04-2012, 06:44 PM
It feels great to see members showing interest in a Indiawilds meet. Why not one of the moderators start a new thread exclusively for it where more members can reply? :) As for the place, I personally feel that the place has to be one where the crowds are less and members get to spend quality time with nature! As a quick thought, Satpura comes to my mind.

Manasi and Murugan,

My dates for Tadoba are June 7-10 (3 nights and 6 drives). Would be great if we can meet there.

Murugan Anantharaman
17-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Couldnt agree more with you Bhargava. Its important that the members meet in a relaxed and less crowded environment. That way the interaction can be fruitful and the members can enjoy the surroundings. I second Bhargava on starting a seperate thread by the moderators for Indiawilds meet, would be much easier to manage and organize.

I do not have recommendations on the location as its been 3 years I have been to a National park in India. From what I see of Bhargava's and Mangru's images of Satpura, should be a good choice.

Bhargava: Will try to make it at the same time there. Do you guys stay in the MTDC guest house outside or FRH's are available?

Roopak Gangadharan
18-04-2012, 09:47 AM
It will be nice to meet other members in person. wud certainly like to join.

Rgds
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
18-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Murugan,

We usually stay at a resort called Royal tiger, and it is very close to the Mohurli gate; in fact closer to the gate than MTDC. The MTDC property should be a good option as long as you don't expect too much comfort :)

Sabyasachi Patra
18-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Will start a separate thread on this. Earlier we had some small scale meetings of few members, purposefully kept small so that we can handle the logistics without too much of hassle in coordinating. In Ranthambhore we had two jeeps. Last year in bandhavgarh we had hired three jeeps. The other thing to consider is that most of the jungles will be closed from june end. I want to give people sufficient time to book their flight/train tickets and plan their schedules.

Bhargava Srivari
18-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Sabyasachi,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I agree that we need to have some time to make our bookings. Like you say, most of our jungles will close down on the 30th June. In case we cannot do the meet before June end, kabini might as well be a good choice during the monsoons; sightings or no sightings, it will be a good place to spend time together and for members to interact with each other during the day as the safari durations aren't as long as in Central Indian parks. Look forward to hear more on this.

Cheers

Supreet Sahoo
18-04-2012, 11:20 AM
My 2 cents: June 1st/2nd week sounds perfect. Some of us will already be there during that time. The only problem is getting the accommodation and getting enough jeeps for safari. Infact if planned properly even that can be managed. Me and now Bhargava are regular visitors to this park. So arranging conveyance and other logistics shouldnt be a big deal. Will wait for the new forum to start

Murugan Anantharaman
18-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Murugan,

We usually stay at a resort called Royal tiger, and it is very close to the Mohurli gate; in fact closer to the gate than MTDC. The MTDC property should be a good option as long as you don't expect too much comfort :)

I am sure there are quite a few properties that must have come up over the last few years. I had only heard of MTDC. The Royal Tiger resort looks good too (based on the website) and the rates are also affordable. I guess rooms are currently available from June 7-10.

Sucheth Lingachar
20-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Its nice to here that Indiawilds members are meeting together....:) I would like to join this meet....