PDA

View Full Version : ID please

Anand Madabhushi
15-04-2012, 03:52 PM
ID help will be appreciated.

TV Mode; 1/640; f5.6; EC +1 2/3; ISO 1250; 100-400@400. 20-25% crop on all sides.

Mrudul Godbole
15-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Nice sighting. Looks like a Female Cuckoo. Good you got the eye in clear. I think lesser ISO and shutter speed would have sufficed so the noise would be less. Slight more space on left than on the right would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
15-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Mrudul

Thank you so much for the ID. Is it same as the Asian Koel (female)? The high ISO was set to shoot a bird ij deep shadows. Suddenly this bird appeared.

Anand

Nice sighting. Looks like a Female Cuckoo. Good you got the eye in clear. I think lesser ISO and shutter speed would have sufficed so the noise would be less. Slight more space on left than on the right would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
15-04-2012, 06:24 PM
A common hawk cuckoo to be precise for id. If I was in your place I probably would have tried a vertical on this one but the branches in front are really distracting. Which camera body were you shooting with ? The eyes look beautiful as always.

Tfs
Supreet

Anand Madabhushi
15-04-2012, 06:32 PM
The bird appeared unexpectedly. As I was moving around to avoid the branches in the frame, the bird flew away. Exactly three shots. The Camera is 7D. I did not expect a decent image.

Thanks for your inputs.

A common hawk cuckoo to be precise for id. If I was in your place I probably would have tried a vertical on this one but the branches in front are really distracting. Which camera body were you shooting with ? The eyes look beautiful as always.

Tfs
Supreet

Sabyasachi Patra
15-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Eye contact is nice. Good that you could react fast and click.

Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
16-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Nice image of the cuckoo. The eye contact is nice and the yellow ring around the eye is well captured. The leaves of the peepal tree look nice and fresh, seems new leaves have taken over. Thanks for sharing.