PDA

View Full Version : White throated redstart (Female)

Kaling Dai
17-04-2012, 09:03 PM
this bird evaded me for quite a long time but on this rain soaked evening she came very close to me and i attempted this shot with 7D 100-400mm, f/5.6, EC -0.3, iso-1250 at 400mm, handheld. C&C welcome.

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Nice image under adverse conditions.Nice eye contact.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWind
P.S.:She was only playing hide and seek with you.

Mrudul Godbole
18-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Cute bird. A slight more brightness would be good. I think you can crop a bit from the top to remove the hint of sky and wire, so you will get a even background. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
18-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I am amazed at the rich diversity of Arunachal. I always heard and read about it but thanks to you Kaling, we get to see it. A birding trip to arunachal might just about suffice a visit to your place I guess :) Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
18-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Nice to see this

TFS
Roopak

Kaling Dai
18-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I am amazed at the rich diversity of Arunachal. I always heard and read about it but thanks to you Kaling, we get to see it. A birding trip to arunachal might just about suffice a visit to your place I guess :) Thanks for sharing.

Dear Murugan,

you are always welcome to this part of the world, the land of rivers and forests. Birding site i am told in Arunachal is a place called Eagle's Nest which i haven't visited as yet. to let you know about my place, it is one of the remotest district of Arunachal, bordering china in the north. mighty river Siang bifurcates the district into east and west half. mountainous with thick forest covers & interspersed by innumerable rivers, Upper Siang district is a serene beauty. birding can be tried out in this part i believe, ideally during winter (November to January). do try to make it convenient to visit. regards. kaling.

Bhargava Srivari
18-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Kaling,

You really are blessed to be living in tranquil environment. I must agree with Murugan's comment :) From now on, your place is on my wish list too :)

I'm not sure if you have followed the discussion thread in "general discussions" about having a Indiawilds meet, but if given a choice, I'd love to see that meet happening at your place :D

Cheers