PDA

View Full Version : Indian Roller -2

Anand Madabhushi
18-04-2012, 08:15 PM
This is the second location. Lovely lighting.

1/500; f7.1; ISO 250; 100-400@400 on mono pod.

Mrudul Godbole
19-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Good you got the eye in light. Difficult to compose with so many branches in the foreground. Including the tail in full would have been good.
While composing if a small portion is getting cut, you can try to compose in such a way that the subject looks complete, maybe like including the bird till just before the tail starts. So the image looks complete. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
19-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Mrudul

I just replied to your tips. I am improving. You will see more of this bird. I am waiting for the 1441 minute.....LOL

Anand

Good you got the eye in light. Difficult to compose with so many branches in the foreground. Including the tail in full would have been good.
While composing if a small portion is getting cut, you can try to compose in such a way that the subject looks complete, maybe like including the bird till just before the tail starts. So the image looks complete. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
19-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Nice image Anandji. This image is infact a clearer image compared to the previous one but with the tail cut off. Its not easy photographing with so many branches obstructing the view.The fruits of the neem tree seems to have taken the interest of the roller. Maybe you could go back to the same tree sometime and figure out if the bird returns. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
19-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Muruganji

I have had a great day yesterday with this specie and again today. Great eye level perches and eye contact. Around the same tree.

Thanks for you inputs

Anand

Nice image Anandji. This image is infact a clearer image compared to the previous one but with the tail cut off. Its not easy photographing with so many branches obstructing the view.The fruits of the neem tree seems to have taken the interest of the roller. Maybe you could go back to the same tree sometime and figure out if the bird returns. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2012, 09:56 AM
The diagonal branch at the lower corner is distracting. I agree about the clipped tail. A vertical composition would have worked here. You are getting better and better. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi