PDA

View Full Version : Peeping Out

Suranjan Mukherjee
19-04-2012, 12:00 PM
The Waterhen peeps out behind a banana tree.
Nikon D3000 ISO 400 300MM F8 1/500 Handheld, Cropped.
Waiting for comments. Thanks.

Anand Madabhushi
19-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Nice image. The leaf on which the bird has perched is behind the leaf in the FG. This makes an interesting composition.

Mrudul Godbole
20-04-2012, 10:42 AM
The eye contact is nice. The composition looks fine. Just a bit more space at the bottom to include the tips of its feet would be good. Was any sharpening done? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I like the composition. It seems you were shooting through vegetation, and it was close to your lens. Else, the bottom portion would have come out better. How much of a crop is this? Where was this photographed?

Suranjan Mukherjee
21-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks everybody for spending your time and comment.
@ Mrudul Godbole mam, I agree with you about the composition and yes It is a bit sharpened.
@ Patra sir, Its a great pleasure to me. Thanks a lot sir. Your comment is always makes me charmed. Your assumption is absolutely correct. Actually they are very fearful bird I think and as I have only 300mm So I need to go closer and have tried to hide myself. A Long lens make very help in this type of situations but alas! I have not any.... It was shot beside a pond in my backyard when the bird was preen itself at evening. It is 30% crop. Thanks.