PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Flycather

Kiran Ghadge
12-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Canon 50d + Canon 100-400mm
F 5.6 at 1/160 sec, ISO 100
Bandhavgarh National Park.

Some people may have already seen this on INW.

Udai Bisht
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow! What a pose. Lovely colours, great shot, Kiran.

AB Apana
13-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Lovely pose, but there seems to be some noise / loss of detail on the head. Was this backlit?

Apana

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Superb image. What is that aura of light around the tail feathers caused by?

Kiran Ghadge
13-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys
Abhishek : Aura is bokeh of lit leaves...
Apana: Yes there is noise and details loss... may be more light would have helped.
thats why I am dissappointed with 50d..see at ISO 100 noise shows up. but one more factor to this is the is cropping (some 50%)...

Sagar Patil
13-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Sir, Why do you blame the great 50D ?

Loss of details on head may be due to slight breeze and cropping in addition, I suppose.
Beak and eyes themselves are very eye-catching. I can't move my attention from them. Lovely photo and composition.

Kiran Ghadge
14-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Sir, Why do you blame the great 50D ?

Loss of details on head may be due to slight breeze and cropping in addition, I suppose.

Thanks Sagar...
After spending 60-70k, if i dont get the quality i want then what should i say :)
I agree about breeze and cropping, but I didn't made the statement with this single shot results. I am using 50d for quite some time and after lots of test I feel I am not very happy. I am not saying 50d should be same as Mark I or Mark II but still.....

We take so many efforts for wildlife photography and if equipment does not support u then frustration is natural :D.

I have seen lots of happy faces with 50d, they might be getting results they expect but I am not...by this I am not saying 50d is bad/worst camera, it is good camera but.....

Sagar Patil
14-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes, I can understand now :)

EVERYBODY is not satisfied with EVERYTHING.

Anyways, still I will say "LOVE YOUR CAMERA, PEOPLE WILL THEN LOVE YOUR PHOTOS"

And of course I, We love your photos always :)

Mrudul Godbole
16-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Kiran,

Lovely image. Liked the perch and the clear BG.

About the noise, I think it is more beacuse of the heavy crop (50% as you have mentioned). I have been getting quite good results with 50D at higher ISO and even after cropping 20-30%. This is just my personal experience :).

Sabyasachi Patra
18-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Difficult lighting. The face is not lit. With 50D it is better to shoot with the histogram in the fifth quadrant. If there are a few blinking highlights, then that can be recovered during post processing. That way you will get less shadow noise. You may try that. Generally, a +1/3rd EV in evaluative metering will give you that kind of histogram.

Lovely pose. I like the composition. It would have been great if it were sitting close to you. After your bird posts, I am sure lot many people will take interest in the birds in bandhavgarh.

Kiran Ghadge
18-05-2009, 11:38 AM
thats very helpful Sabyasachi....Never thought about these things in details.
still got loads of bird shots... will post those soon.