PDA

View Full Version : Spot Billed Pelican

Manasi Chaphalkar
20-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Spot billed Pelican in Ranganthittu.
Canon 550D with 70-300mm, f6.3, 1/400sec, ISO 320, Metering Mode- Evaluative.
I was standing in the boat when i clicked this image. The Pelican was very comfortable and did not get disturbed by our presence. I could have managed a better shot by going more close but i avoided to do so. I have observed one thing in Ranganthittu that the boatmen to give their respective photographers good clicks get quite close to birds. Sometimes the birds are comfortable but sometimes they get disturbed.The Boatmen to get good clicks of birds of taking off go close to the bird and make noise of the boat to make them fly. And once they take off the photographers click. These all tricks i think should not be used which disturbs the birds. They should be clicked in natural habitat only. I had warned my boatmen no to go close to any of the birds but alas he was not coming out of his habit. Still some good images i managed by continuously hammering the boatmen..
C&C welcome

Regards
Manasi Chaphalkar

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2012, 10:10 AM
When you are shooting against the light or in sidelighting situations, keep an eye on the pelican opening its pouch. The light filtering through it looks great. Slightly more space at left and bottom would have strengthened the image.

Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
21-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Seems you were quite close. Agree some more space on left and bottom would be good to include it in full. Wish you had got some more eye contact. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from Ranganathittu.

Manasi Chaphalkar
23-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Sabyasachi Sir and Mrudul

Yes i agree more space towards left and bottom would enhance the image. And about Pelican opening its pouch i will remember this next time..thanx for the suggestions

Regards
Manasi C