PDA

View Full Version : Ėgyptian Vulture on the land ruled by Gabbar Singh in Sholay movie

Hymakar Valluru
22-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Every weekend i get out of Bangalore to click images of birds. This weekend i had been to Ramanagara.

Ramanagara is located 50 Kms from Bangalore, This is the same town where Sholay shooting was done.

This weekend i had been to Ramanagara as i read on net and also seen few images of vultures being captured at Ramanagara and was informed by few people there are one or two colonies of Vulutures.

But today i could sight only this Egypitan Vulture which allowed me to capture its wonderful images.

EXIF : Canon 60D, 300 F/4 L Prime Lens, Shutter Speed 1/1250, F-stop- F/4, ISO-250 (Auto)

Hymakar Valluru
22-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I am new to this website... i had uploaded the picture but not able to find the same here along with the narration.

Can somebody just guide me on why this happened and how to correct it.

Thanks and Regards,
Hymakar

Sabyasachi Patra
22-04-2012, 10:43 PM
It appears that you forgot to attach the image. Please check this for help in uploading image: Updated Photo Uploading Instructions for Members - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6846)

There is a word file attached in the link which gives explanations with screen shots.

Hymakar Valluru
22-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Got it Sir, I did not upload the image when i did it first time.. Got it right now.

Thanks a ton.

Supreet Sahoo
22-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Welcome to IW's. Its a great forum to learn photography and meet like minded people who believe in constructive criticism to further improve their skills.

This is a great way to start your journey. I've been birding for a few years now and am yet to see an Egyptian vulture. The bird seems to be in really close quarters and yet not afraid by your presence. Is this place inhabited by a lot of people. The frame looks rather squarish . You can try reducing some space below and adding some to the right side of the frame to enhance the composition. The details are also good. Since the bird looks undisturbed, could you have moved a little to your right to avoid the green shrub on the left and go eye level to create a more pleasing composition.

All in all this is a good start and will look forward to seeing more from you.

Tfs
Supreet

Anand Madabhushi
23-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Welcome aboard. Nice image.The head of the bird is amazing.A lower angle would have made a good difference.

Hymakar Valluru
23-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Dear Anand & Supreet,

Thanks for the inputs. I will work on making composition more meaningful with your inputs in future uploads.

I could not a lower angle or move to right for two reasons as i am on a different rock almost at the edge.. I wanted to sit or lie down, but did not do that as i did not bird to fly away seeing my movements. :-)

Thanks and Regards,
Hymakar

Mrudul Godbole
23-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice to see a Egyptian Vulture. I had been to Ramanagara, but didn't sight a Egyptian vulture. We could sight only Long Billed Vulture, you can see in the below link -
Long Billed Vulture #2 - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5614&highlight=vulture)

Did you sight any Long billed vultures there? Nice details. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Hymakar Valluru
23-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I had gone there for Long Billed Vultures as i have read about only long billed vultures being sighted at Ramanagara. I did not sight a single long billed vulture but spotted this Egyptian Vulture.

Roopak Gangadharan
23-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Nice image to start with . Good eye contact and details .

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
24-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Nice image of the vulture. The yellow face looks nice. 'Kitne aadmi they' ... oops kitne vulture they :D. Thanks for sharing.