PDA

View Full Version : Blackbuck thinks by closing its eyes i will not be seeing him

Hymakar Valluru
24-04-2012, 07:08 AM
The image was taken at Jayamangali Blackbuck reserve in March'12. I had reached Maidanahalli little late ~at 11 AM. It was extremely hot outside and after little offroading with the help of a local villager found a group of black bucks. This is one new experience to me observing the blackbucks stopping where they are closing their eyes and tilting their head to one side when they see me going little closer to them.

I was in the car while clicking this image as when i was trying to open the door or move the car this guy was moving away pretty fast.

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-04-2012, 07:39 AM
A rare behaviour captured.How little we know about them.Wish you could focuss it better.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
24-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Nice behavior captured. The light seems harsh. What were the EXIF details? Giving a -ve EC would have been good. Is this a crop? I would have liked a more rectangular framing than a square one with more of the habitat displayed. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
24-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Nice characteristic observed and documented. Its so true with young children also, they close their eyes and think there is nothing to be scared of. Lot of similarities if one has an eye to notice them. Thanks for sharing.

Hymakar Valluru
25-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Marginally cropped at the bottom and on the sides, EXIF details - Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm IS USM, Shutter Speed- 1/320, AV-5, ISO-100. Image was taken around 12.30 PM in the afternoon.