PDA

View Full Version : Indian Bushlark

Murugan Anantharaman
26-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Spotted quite a few bushlarks in the outskirts of mumbai over the weekend. Tried to experiment a bit with my settings, set the shutter speed to auto and manually increased the ISO to 1250. Resultant image is attached. My laptop shows the image without any grains but my desktop shows some grains. Not sure if its the resolution or the image quality. Please let me know.

Nikon D3100, SS 1/4000, ISO 1250,-ve .3,300mm

ps: I havent sharpened the image.

Rajeev Khanna
26-04-2012, 12:28 PM
I think it has noise due to high ISO nevertheless good image with clean bg

Mrudul Godbole
26-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Nice environment photograph. The perch and the eye contact is nice. Agree there seems to some noise due to the high ISO. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I agree that there is high ISO due to the noise. Better to use as low an ISO as possible. You were using a high shutter speed as well. Sacrificing half of your shutter speed would have been much better. Unless you are clicking flight, there is no need to click at such high shutter speeds for stationary subjects.

Murugan Anantharaman
27-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Sabyasachi: I was clicking in Aperture mode and only changing the ISO. The shutter speed was auto. Ofcourse, I had set the minimum shutter speed to 1/500. This image was clicked at 7am, maybe thats why I couldnt gauge the ISO properly.