PDA

View Full Version : Female emerald dove.... Paradise in the back Yard....

Prasad Dingankar
01-05-2012, 09:38 PM
This another beauty from my Village.... I am bit jumbled with the ID ... pompadour ... OR.... Imperial green pigeon... ShaktiDa pl confirm...
Exif
TV - 1/640
AV- 5.6
ISO- 800
+0.7 step compensation

PS. It stayed there for 1-2 min. But then one branch was obstructing from where I was sitting quiet for this beauty. When I moved to click the bird. I could manage only two shots.... That too I consider not of good quality....

Roopak Gangadharan
02-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi,

this is a female emerald dove. nice eye contact.May be u can try opening up the shadows a bit.

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Good image of this colourful bird.Nice pose and head turn.For ID ,agree with Roopak Bhai .This bird is seen here nearby in small CKB Sanctuary at Narendrapur. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.: When you find time please try to post one image of Ganapatiphule which I consider as the best sea beach in India.

Mrudul Godbole
02-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Nice eye contact. Agree opening the shadows would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi,

this is a female emerald dove. nice eye contact.May be u can try opening up the shadows a bit.

TFS
Roopak

Thanks for the ID. But some how even my few earlier post... They are seen perfectly bright on my screen... n some how dark to others... any known resons & the remidies please.

Prasad Dingankar
02-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Good image of this colourful bird.Nice pose and head turn.For ID ,agree with Roopak Bhai .This bird is seen here nearby in small CKB Sanctuary at Narendrapur. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.: When you find time please try to post one image of Ganapatiphule which I consider as the best sea beach in India.

Dear ShaktiDa..... what a pity, unfortunatly when hard Disk of my earlier Laptop crashed I lost all my photos... I know there is no substitute for Ganpatipule beach.... still posting Another beach of Jaigad .... 15 km away from Ganpatipule.

This one is dedicated to ShaktiDa with the promise of Ganpatipule snap in my next Ratnagiri trip....:001_smile:

Prasad Dingankar
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Evening shot of the same place.... Again for Shakti Da..:001_smile:

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Happy reminiscence.Many thanks Prasad Bhai.I missed to see it earlier. I express deep regret for the same.Kind regards,SaktiWild