PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Island

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Have been contemplating where to post this (mammals / Landscape) . . . . . . .

Visualize this . . . clear Blue Skies, a thick jungle part of the backdrop, a sparkling expanse of water, a small Island carpeted by green grass, a lone Bull tusker in its majestic splendor, has had a swim all the way from the shores to the island, flanked by a Great White Egret and a Black Cormorant. A dream setting . . . .

40D, Kit Lens, 1/1000, f5.6, ISO 200

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
02-05-2012, 09:41 AM
The black thing on the right side of the frame - is that a bird?

That black on the right and the white (egret) on the left kind of balances and ensures that the central composition with the elephant is fine.

Lovely landscape. Slightly less space at the bottom would have enhanced the composition. Why not the full frame of the 5D II to get an even wider composition?

I am sure you had a great time watching this elephant. Not a single human habitation in the vicinity. Looks lovely.

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks Sabyasachi, this was just before i got the 5D MII and hence had to settle with the 40D.

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
02-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Lovely scape. I liked the composition and the overall mood in the image. Nice light and the different colours add to the composition. Nicely captured. You can try a pano composition. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Lovely landscape.Before this vastness all-round---water,sky,forest and the gentle colossus guarding the two little birds,I feel oblivious of human existence.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Lovely setting. Superb colours and compo. wondering if u have made any images zooming in a bit more to get more details on the elephant and the birds ??

TFS
Roopak

Rajan Kanagasabai
09-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh, yes, I do have a close up of the elephant, which i shall post on the mammals section . . .

regards
Rajan