PDA

View Full Version : Tiger/Tadoba

Bhargava Srivari
02-05-2012, 06:13 PM
The tiger cubs from the Pandherpouni family have easily been among the most photographed this season. Fame, came to them naturally!
f/4, ISO 320, EV +0.7, 1/1000sec, cropped, evaluative metering
canon EOS 7D, canon 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM + 1.4x extender III, TATR- Mar'12

Mrudul Godbole
02-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Liked the way it is carefully stepping on the stones. Was it drinking water? The composition is fine. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-05-2012, 10:29 PM
You got a nice sighting. I am sure you would have got lot of time. Was it getting down to water? How many vehicles were there at that time? Looks like it had come to water after a meal. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Nice light.like the pose and eye contact.

TFS
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
05-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Thank you for the comments.

There were 4 cubs in total at the site. Two of them were resting alongside the lake, further away from this cub that was frequently walking towards and away from the vehicles. At the beginning, for about 20min, there were only two vehicles- ours and a couple of private cars. Later on, there were a flurry of gypsies that arrived and with so many 'enthusiastic' tourists, the tigers decided to move further away and rest. That was when I had got all the 5 tigers in one frame; I had posted that image earlier.

At the time of making this image, this cub had got up from its resting place, ventured out into the water, but for some reason, it never quite wanted to get wet as such, so kept jumping from one small stone to another and finally got to the bank. I have a series of images where the cub is seen balancing itself on small stones, will try to post them soon.