PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful snake (Harantol in Marathi, scientific name not known)

Sachin Waghmare
22-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Camera- NIKON D40,
DATE- 10-08-2008,
METERING- CENTRE
SHUTTER- 1/200
APERTURE- F7.1
EXPOSURE MODE- PROGRAM
FOCAL LENGHT- 55mm
ISO-200

Bibhav Behera
22-12-2008, 01:16 AM
green vine snake...(Oxybelis fulgidus)
beautiful snake... nice pic... but i believe could hv done with a bit more focus rite?

Mrudul Godbole
22-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Welcome to Indiawilds!!

The contrast background makes the subject stand out.Nice shot.

Keep posting,

Sabyasachi Patra
22-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Sachin,

It is a green vine snake as mentioned by Bibhav. Good find.

It is difficult to focus on the head especially when the head is so small. Your AF may tend to hunt in this situation. If the subject is still then better to use manual focus.

You can remove a bit of saturation. You can crop a bit from the left as the empty space in the left does not add to the image. It would have been better if you would have taken an image from the side. You can do some sharpening during post processing.

Normally, you find this snake on a tree. What was it doing on the ground.

Sachin Waghmare
25-12-2008, 12:18 AM
It was in Matheran and was crossing the road.. i was lucky to have camera in my hand.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-12-2008, 12:09 PM
It was in Matheran and was crossing the road.. i was lucky to have camera in my hand.

Sachin,
I agree. One should always be ready with the camera. At times I have found a tiger while coming out of the forest gate, when my camera is already packed.

Recently, I had packed my bags and then saw the Leopard in Nagarhole. So morale of the story is always be prepared.

Arup Banerji
30-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Not to worry- focus perfect.