PDA

View Full Version : Cooling off

Sabyasachi Patra
04-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Cooling off in an unique manner...

Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, India

It was a very memorable moment. The jungle was silent. She was taking her afternoon siesta. Perhaps to break the monotony, she used to slap her tail on the water to throw a fine shower on her. I had never seen such a unique way of beating the summer afternoon heat.

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Nice playful mood of a relaxed tigeress.Playing with water is instinctive for some other animals,but from a tigeress,while resting alone and using the tail, adds to its uniqueness and beauty!
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Bhargava Srivari
05-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Interesting behavior. Nice composition. When did you make this image?

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2012, 10:13 PM
The spray looks lovely. It is nice to see this image from your archives. This setting is still there in my mind :-). Sighting a tigress for 3 hours in the morning and again 3 hours in the evening resting on the bund and playing with the tail was really great. She kept doing that the whole afternoon. It was amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
07-05-2012, 10:46 AM
beautiful... and the water sprinkles looking nice....

Roopak Gangadharan
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice freeze and indeed a unique way of cooling off....

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Lovely image of the tigress cooling off. I wonder if the mere flick of the tail can splash water all over what would the strength be of the tiger in its entirety. The droplets give a nice feel to the image. Wish she was looking towards you. Thanks for sharing.