PDA

View Full Version : Van Vai's Cub (Male)

Anand Madabhushi
12-05-2012, 05:56 AM
1/160; f 5.6; ISO400; 100-400@380. He is one of the two male and one female cubs of Van Vai. At about 14 months he is said to be very assertive and independent. I later made a movie clip of his feeding on a kill where he shooed away his mother and sister and asserted himself. I have a job to do to compare a Dec 2011 image of one of Van Vai's cubs with this.

Roopak Gangadharan
12-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice eye contact and pose in a typical Bhandavgarh setting.Will be nice if can post some wider compositions and the feeding Video clip.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Lovely eye contact. Nice to see it relaxing in water. Slight less space at the bottom and more on top would have been good. You could have used a higher ISO for a higher shutter speed and a slight narrower aperture. Look forward to see more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
13-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Mrudul,

There were two things on my mind during this trip. Firstly the brain fever calls of Hawk Cuckoo were constantly reminding me of Patraji. Patraji in one of his replies to my posts had stated that he listens to their calls while waiting for the tigers. I did not sight the birds though. Secondly, every composition was being done with you in mind :-) but it was terribly crowded. Even our driver and guide wanting to shoot...the gypsy was rocking.

Anand

Lovely eye contact. Nice to see it relaxing in water. Slight less space at the bottom and more on top would have been good. You could have used a higher ISO for a higher shutter speed and a slight narrower aperture. Look forward to see more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
13-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Roopakji

Please guide me as to how a video can be uploaded.

Anand

Nice eye contact and pose in a typical Bhandavgarh setting.Will be nice if can post some wider compositions and the feeding Video clip.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
13-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Roopakji

Please guide me as to how a video can be uploaded.

Anand

Mail me your clip. Will upload and link up here.

Nice image. I like the eye contact. Sharp. Did you click this from elephant back?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
13-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Patraji

This was from a gypsy where the guide and driver too were keen to jostle with me :-)

Roopakji was asking me to upload a video (2GB). Is that possible on IW?

Regards

Anand

Mail me your clip. Will upload and link up here.

Nice image. I like the eye contact. Sharp. Did you click this from elephant back?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaustuv Chatterjee
14-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Lovely shot! What a pose and expression captured. The light and detail on the face are very good

Sabyasachi Patra
14-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Anandji,

I am working on details for uploading video content and will let you know.

However, 2GB is huge and needs to be edited to remove portions with shaky footage etc. I will update you soon.
Sabyasachi

Patraji

This was from a gypsy where the guide and driver too were keen to jostle with me :-)

Roopakji was asking me to upload a video (2GB). Is that possible on IW?

Regards

Anand