PDA

View Full Version : Painted Stork Walks

Hymakar Valluru
14-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Clicked at Annamalaicheri.... i had run out of memory and had to click this on JPEG :-(, Amazing outing over the weekend..

Processing done in standard Canon SW and this time no cropping :-)

Painted Stork:

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
ISO Speed 100 (Auto)

Mrudul Godbole
14-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Nice walking pose. The water splash looks nice. Good eye contact. Its good you got the tail tip but a bit more space on left would have been good. I would suggest that you remove the Auto ISO setting and start by keeping the ISO to 400, as that doesn't induce noise and you will also get a good shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Where exactly is this? For some reason, I am just not able to recollect. Some more space at the left would have been good as that would have resulted in more separation between the left frame edge and the bird's tail feathers. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hymakar Valluru
15-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Are you asking where is Annamalaicheri? If yes, this is ~50 kms from Chennai one end of the Pulicat lake nice place for sighting Little Terns, Pied Kingfishers, Snipes, Grey Pelicans, and most importantly Greater Flamingos.. I had been there for Flamingos

Sabyasachi Patra
15-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes. Now I remember. I think one needs to take a left turn before TADA to reach this place. Since I don't speak tamil, I had taken my colleague. Did you take the boat ride? In winter if you take the boat ride, then you can see the flamingoes.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hymakar Valluru
15-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Took a 2 hr boat ride.. established contacts for future visits...Will post better Flamingo images after PP. This is much before TADA. Pulicat near Sriharikota and Nelapattu are very popular and lot of people visit. On the day i went AM cheri there was only one group of some 3 to4 people