PDA

View Full Version : Tree Silhoutte

Vaishnavi Rajan
16-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone

Nice to be back behind the view finder after my 12th exams. Excited to be part of the Prakriti Bird Watching camp for the next 5 days at IIT Chennai and look forward to uploading some snaps after the camp.

This picture was made at Sholavaram, when dad was flying his RC planes almost a year ago. I eventually entered this in the interschool photo contest and won the first prize last year.

400D, 70-300, f16, 1/250, ISO 200, Manual Focus, focal length 100 mm

Please do critique and advice

Vaishnavi

Mrudul Godbole
16-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Nice to see you back. Congrats on winning the 1st prize. Its good to know you are still pursuing your interest in photography :).

Nice composition. The dry branches create a nice pattern and add to the composition. The crow on the tree also looks nice. Nicely captured. Look forward to more from you. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Congratulations Vaishnavi!

Good to know that you won a prize. Often these prizes help in bringing focus. I am sure you will start focusing more on photography.

I like this image. I would experiment with slightly more space at top and left. Also, I would have moved a bit to the side to hide the transmission tower behind the tree.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Nice pattern documented.Looks as if hand-stiching made with black coloured thread on a shawl.
Congratulations.Long way to go.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild