PDA

View Full Version : Van Vai

Anand Madabhushi
17-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Shaktida suggested I post a wider composition. Van Vai coming out of a watering hole (literally) near Seeta Mantap. Two of her cubs, who entered earlier, were in there while Van Vai came out.

1/200; f10; ISO 3200; 100-400 @ 300. Used a mono pod.

f10 to capture the details of the cave. 300mm to capture the habitat.

Mrudul Godbole
17-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I liked the composition. The inclusion of the cave in full shows the habitat nicely. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Lovely habitat image.It tells us a tale.
I show these images to inculcate on the minds of the little children the beauty of wilderness and those who inhabit there.
Thanks for your kindness.
SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
18-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Long back one forest department DFO had asked me whether the closeup of the head of the tiger that I had clicked was from a zoo. Though I immediately told him that I detest the thought of animals behind bars in the zoos, it had made me think. The inclusion of habitat can help in people visualising the scene. We have to remember that not everyone is blessed with the ability to spend time and money in the forest. Environmental images can really convey a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
19-05-2012, 08:33 AM
A very fine composition. For me, this is your best image till date. On a side note though, even to capture the cave in focus/ covered by the DoF, I think f10 wasn't needed.

thanks for sharing abd look forward to many more images of this class :)

Anand Madabhushi
19-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Thank you for the "best image" grading. The settings, most times, are from the author's perspective :001_smile:

A very fine composition. For me, this is your best image till date. On a side note though, even to capture the cave in focus/ covered by the DoF, I think f10 wasn't needed.

thanks for sharing abd look forward to many more images of this class :)

Roopak Gangadharan
21-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice capture. Agree with shakti sab,it tells us a tale like what most of us would have heard as children, a tiger and its cave.... neatly done.

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
24-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Lovely image Anandji. The tiger coming out of a cave is one story we have all been hearing since ages and thank you for capturing it so well. I showed this image to my daughter and she seemed so excited that I had to make up a story to say where the tiger went afterwards :) Thanks for sharing.