PDA

View Full Version : Albino Black Buck

Vaishnavi Rajan
17-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Readers may recall the post by Dad and Mr.Sabyasachi on the sighting of the rare Albino Black buck at the IIT campus Chennai, Three years ago (2009).

I am posting the links to the old one along with this photograph, to give you an idea of how well the Albino has grown - especially his antlers . . .

Black Buck - Albino ?? - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795&highlight=albino)

Rajan's Albino Blackbuck - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849&highlight=albino)

I saw the same one today, as part of the Prakriti Birding program at IIT Chennai. It was hardly visibile for a few seconds, before it bounded away into the bushes and thickets.

5D Mark II, Canon 100-400 L, F5.6, 1/250, ISO 800, -0.3 step, Manual mode, hand held.

Please critique and advice

Vaishnavi

Rajan Kanagasabai
17-05-2012, 09:36 AM
My critique and advice . . . .

Leave my 5DMII alone . . . .

Mrudul Godbole
17-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Nice to see that it is doing well. The pose and the eye contact is nice. What was the focal length? If possible zooming out a bit more to have some more space on top and bottom would have been nice. Good to know you are doing well with 5D Mark II :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks Vaishnavi for the links to the previous images as well so that we can easily compare the growth of this black buck. Nice to see that it has grown up well with the three spirals in its horns.

Is this a full frame image? I agree that slightly more space at bottom, top and right will strengthen the composition.

Tell your dad to pick up either a 5D III or wait for the 1D X (I am told it will be june end atleast) so that he can shoot more in low light. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks Vaishnavi for the links to the previous images as well so that we can easily compare the growth of this black buck. Nice to see that it has grown up well with the three spirals in its horns.

Is this a full frame image? I agree that slightly more space at bottom, top and right will strengthen the composition.

Tell your dad to pick up either a 5D III or wait for the 1D X (I am told it will be june end atleast) so that he can shoot more in low light. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vaishnavi Rajan
19-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks. Yes this is a full frame. Will keep the space advice in mind the next time around. One strange thing i am not able to get over easily in the 5D MII is on the 9 point Focus screen, i am not able to get the center point lighted when i press the shoot half way through. The other points keep lighting up even when i am right on the subject's eye. I have to keep pressing and depressing until finally the center point lights up and it take a while before i get there. Am I doing anything wrong ? Please advice.

Vaishnavi

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Looks like you are clicking with all 9 AF points on. You need to select the AF point depending upon where you want to focus. You have to use the dial knob to change the AF points.

Roopak Gangadharan
21-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Nice one. it seems to be doing well.

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
24-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Lovely albino black buck. Next time when in chennai I will try to 'spot' it amongst other black bucks and chitals(pun intended :D) When I was a kid we used to go to IIT when in chennai during vacation time and I would be amazed to see the wildlife there. Nice to see this albino, it reiterates the fact that the area has been well preserved. Thanks for sharing.