PDA

View Full Version : Bamera

Anand Madabhushi
17-05-2012, 09:36 AM
1/25; f5.6; ISO640; 100-400@180mm. The catch lite might have come from Mahout's camera.

Bamera in a pensive mood.The Mirchani Female was on the roof above this cave.
Eleven minutes after this shot he got up and walked up. As if on cue, the Mirchani Female got up from the cave where she was relaxing (my earlier post of the Mirchani Female) and both walked down. I have a 30 sec movie clip of this moment shot on 7D at 400mm.

Mrudul Godbole
17-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Nice mood captured. Good eye contact. This is one tiger that I have not been able to photograph still in Bandhavgarh :(. Nicely captured at the low shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
19-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Nice and sharp even at a lazy shutter speed :) Compositionally, I think there is a tad too much space in the foreground. Lesser space at the bottom and slightly more behind the tiger will make this look good to me.

Anand Madabhushi
19-05-2012, 08:48 AM
"Sometimes in the wild, things have to loved the way they come".

Nice and sharp even at a lazy shutter speed :) Compositionally, I think there is a tad too much space in the foreground. Lesser space at the bottom and slightly more behind the tiger will make this look good to me.

Bhargava Srivari
19-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Anand ji,

I don't think my statement from the leopard post has relevance here. In the case of the leopard sighting, we were stuck between two vehicles, one in the front and one behind. Pushing any of them move forward or backward would have resulted in them losing sight of the leopard completely. If you have visited and experienced kabini, I am sure you would have understood that lot of times, leopard sightings on trees happen through small gaps through which the cat is visible. One won't always have the flexibility to move according to one's needs.

Now, in the case of this image though, even from the place you were in, I think it would have been possible to adjust space at the top and bottom and hence I made that suggestion. Please let me know of any further opinions you have; I will glad to note them.

Regards

Anand Madabhushi
19-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Bhargavaji

"The catch lite might have come from Mahout's camera" is what the image says. The elephant was rocking. Would appreciate if you read the post and understand the circumstances under which any one shoot his/her image.

It is not what one says but how it is said that matters.

Regards
Anand

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2012, 09:28 AM
I feel the space below adds to the composition and tells us more about the place. Slightly less space at the left would have further strengthened the composition.

Who was the mahout?

Tough to shoot video clips from top of an elephant as it moves and the frame shifts.

Murugan Anantharaman
24-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Nice image of the big guy Anandji. I didnt know mahouts clicked images also, not that they cant but have never heard/seen them doing so. He looks too bored to even get up, but you were lucky to witness him leave in 11 mins for his date :) Thanks for sharing.