PDA

View Full Version : The 'Collared Female' of Pench

Aditya Panda
18-05-2009, 03:55 PM
She is one of the cubs in that amazing documentary 'Spy in the Jungle'. I had first seen her in April 2008, when she was pregnant for the first time and didn't have a collar around her. The cubs from that litter died in the following monsoons. She mated again and has a healthy litter of four cubs, about 4-5 months old, now, just like her amazingly successful mother.

Here she rests under the shade of some rocks as the day temperature soars. Her cubs were a little further away.

PENTAX K 10D
TAMRON SP AF Di 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro
Focal Length: 90mm
'Av' Mode
Tv: 1/320 sec
Av: f/5.6
Exposure Compensation: -0.3 Ev
Sensitivity: ISO 400
Metering: Spot Metering

Cheers,
Aditya

Bibhav Behera
18-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice image Aditya, I like the diagonal composition. The expression and eye contact is good too...

Aditya Panda
18-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Nice image Aditya, I like the diagonal composition. The expression and eye contact is good too...

Thanks buddy :-)

Mrudul Godbole
18-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Aditya,

Thats a sharp photograph. The look on her face is interesting. Having a bit more space at the left to include the full body than at the right would have enhanced the photograph further. It seems you were quite close to her. Are the rocks at an angle?

Sabyasachi Patra
18-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Aditya,
Nice photo. The hind leg joint is cut off. Do you have that in the Raw image? She looks very feminine. I hate tiger with a collar as it gives the impression of a dog. However, in this case the antenna is noticeable only after careful observation. So that saves your image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
19-05-2009, 08:40 AM
A lovely intimate image Aditya. Agree with Sabyasachi about the joint of the hind leg.

Apana

Murugan Anantharaman
19-05-2009, 01:09 PM
love the eyes..its not often that one gets to see the paw of a tiger..much as these lovely creatures look rough and tough, their paws are amazingly soft...lovely photo!!