PDA

View Full Version : Leopard | Kabini

Bhargava Srivari
19-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Though a leopard on a tree has been on my wish list for long, I would have been happier with this if the out of focus tree trunk just behind the cat wasn't there or if we had a chance to move forward or backward to avoid it. However, sometimes in the wild, things have to loved the way they come :)

Processed this image while awaiting my flight back home to Hyderabad.

f/4, 1/160sec, ISO 400, EV +0.3, evaluative metering, full frame.
canon EOS 7D, canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM + 1.4x extender III, May 2012.

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Lovely habitat image.The setting is so nice.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Rajan Kanagasabai
19-05-2012, 06:52 PM
You are right. Without the OOF tree, this would have been a stunner. Neverthless, a nice potrait, and lovely composition. I specifically liked the tail - passing through the branches . . . Thanks for sharing.

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
19-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Typical leopard pose. Nice to see it relaxing. Agree with the above comments. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Suraj Sreedhar
20-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Loved the green habitat around & nice relaxing pose.Looks like his left eye is injured.
Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-05-2012, 06:40 PM
It is always nice to see a leopard. When was the sighting? Morning or evening?

Nice composition. Surprised to hear that it is full frame.

Do you have one with a higher shutter speed? Wish the tree was not there in the background. However, as a photographer one can't control it. There is lot of noise in the background. Some more sharpness would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
21-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Nice one Bhargava.great pose and nice compo.

TFS
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
23-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I have images at higher shutter speeds. This was among the first few images shot that evening. The sighting was at around 5:45pm. Like I said, I processed this on my uncalibrated laptop in the airport under bright light which isn't the best of conditions to process any wildlife image. Will post a few more very soon.

regards