PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbills

Manasi Chaphalkar
19-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Spoonbills in the natural habitat at Diksal (Bhigwan Backwaters)
Canon 550D, 1/500sec, f5.6, ISO 100, Av Priority, Focal Length 300mm

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2012, 08:08 PM
If you had a longer lens, then it would have come out well because all of them have turned their heads in the same direction and engaged in the same activity.

Mrudul Godbole
19-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I agree nice pattern created by all of them looking in the same direction. Cropping a bit from the top to remove the top layer would be good. Did you try using a higher ISO and a narrower aperture? Thanks for sharing.

Manasi Chaphalkar
20-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Sabyasachi Sir,
Yes, a higher lens would have been good because i was in the boat. This was the only distance from which i could have taken a picture. As trying to go a bit near them they were getting disturbed from their activity of hunting fish. They were just flying while in an attempt to get a close and good picture.

Mrudul,
In all this Bhigwan series i think i haven't used higher ISO :(.. next time i will definitely remember all this

Regards
Manasi

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Nice attempt to capture a beautiful pattern, you have rightly chosen.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
25-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Nice image of the spoon bills. Agree that the pattern created by them look nice. A pano compostion would have been good too. Thanks for sharing.