PDA

View Full Version : Racket tailed drongo

Kaustuv Chatterjee
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM
This is one of the most fascinating birds in the jungle as you may know. My 1st introduction and seduction into wildlife while walking along deep game paths in Periyar sanctuary was through our friend here :)

This is shot in Kanha near the big maidan. Early morning our friend was up and about flitting from branch to branch overseeing a flock of babblers and other smaller birds foraging and occasionally darting in for a quick bite. Here we see him watching intently in his classic pose.

Shot with the Nikon D 90, Nikkor 70-300mm, ISO 500, 300mm; 1/320s - F/6.3

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Lovely image of the Greater.Nice composition.Have you heard the melody of its song.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Kaustuv Chatterjee
20-05-2012, 12:39 PM
No Saktida, I have not heard its song yet, every time I have seen it it has been silent....almost teasing me as its one of my favourite birds in the forest....one day will get lucky! :)

Mrudul Godbole
21-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Nice composition. I liked the intent look and the crown like hair :). If possible moving a bit more to the right would have been good to get it more in the clear. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
25-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Lovely image of the drongo Kaustuv. Its a bit sad that since the jungles are losing their space most of the birds leave for greener pastures. I have seen racket tailed drongos in lucknow many times amongst concrete structures. Thanks for sharing.