PDA

View Full Version : Guidance needed..

Manasi Chaphalkar
21-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi All,

A bit of help and guidance needed. I will be travelling to Shimla and Manali for next 10 days. I want to know whether any one is aware as of what kind of wildlife and birds can be spotted there and which are the areas for the same.
And i will be taking my SLR with me. Just want to know what should be the precautions taken for the SLR in cold climate as i will be taking it for first time in such climate.

Regards
Manasi C

Mrudul Godbole
21-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Manasi,

I have traveled with my DSLR to some places like Finland or Scotland where the temperature went to -5C 0r -10C, but I didn't have to take any special precautions. One thing you can do is when you come to your room which would be warmer than the outside temperature you can put the camera in a zip lock bag to avoid condensation. I think it wont' make much difference here but still you can take that precaution.

Thanks.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I agree with Mrudul. You need not worry about cold. I have clicked in sub zero temperatures. I am not used to clicking using gloves. So when I removed, fingers went numb. So immediately put on my gloves. When not clicking I was hiding the camera within my overcoat to protect it from snowfall. You won't have those temperatures now in shimla.

Murugan Anantharaman
24-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Manasi, Mrudul and Sabysachi have pointed out well that when it comes to Shimla and Manali you dont have to bother too much. And I assume you plan to be there in the month of June, infact Shimla might be a bit hot too,Manali would be pleasant. The coldest I have been is -19C and my DSLR was perfectly ok without any protection except for the case.