PDA

View Full Version : Dhole

Dipankar Mazumdar
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Dear All,
Dhole or the Indian wild dog from the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve. My first encounter with this enigmatic creature was rather relaxed, we spent some time with A small pack of 3 Doles sitting sitting by the Jungle track exhibiting a range of exciting social behavior.

What stood out was the persistent focus of the Dholes on a particular thicket. We later learnt that a young tigress sat in the thicket keenly observing the Dholes. Fortunately we were only two vehicles on the spot and we backed away in the hope of an exciting cat and dog moment.

We were destined to be disappointed as the tigress stayed put till the Dholes retreated deeper into the forest. Only then did she cross the road giving the Dholes a wide berth.

EOS 7D +300 F4 @ f4, 1/500, ISO 400.

Look forward to comments.
Cheers
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
21-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice alert pose. The eye contact is nice. The vertical composition looks nice with the two other dholes in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Nice portrait,piercing eyes.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
24-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Nice eye contact and relaxed pose of the dhole. I havent yet seen a dhole in the wild :(. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Nice composition. I think a bit more brightness will strengthen the image. Opening up the shadows a bit will also help. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi