PDA

View Full Version : Nilgiri Tahr

Sushant Potdar
24-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Took this one at Anamalai Tiger Reserve on 13 April 2012.

Camera: sony cybershot 12 megapixel, 4X zoom.

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice sighting of this rare and endangered species.Its eyes look emotional,as if to convey to us that it needs our support.Wish you had more details of its beautiful wrinkled horn.We hope to see more from you.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

V S Sankar
25-05-2012, 08:39 AM
My favourite animal.If you get to see them some good pics can be snapped.They are not that agile and wouldn't flee immediately on human presence.

Regards

Sushant Potdar
25-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Nice sighting of this rare and endangered species.Its eyes look emotional,as if to convey to us that it needs our support.Wish you had more details of its beautiful wrinkled horn.We hope to see more from you.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Definitely I ll try my best to improve upon my mistakes.... Glad you liked it sir.. !! :)

Sushant Potdar
25-05-2012, 10:57 AM
My favourite animal.If you get to see them some good pics can be snapped.They are not that agile and wouldn't flee immediately on human presence.

Regards

Very true sir...!! this one stood there for almost 10-15 minutes..

Mrudul Godbole
25-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice to see a Nilgiri Tahr. There is loss of details, have you cropped the image? It would be good if you post the image without any cropping as that reduces the details. Also a lower angle if possible would be good. Getting down on your knees to get a eye level image would have strengthened the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Sushant Potdar
25-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Nice to see a Nilgiri Tahr. There is loss of details, have you cropped the image? It would be good if you post the image without any cropping as that reduces the details. Also a lower angle if possible would be good. Getting down on your knees to get a eye level image would have strengthened the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

I thought of making a portrait of this and hence cropped it... Further this was down the slope. Getting there would have scared it and this was shot sleeping.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Can you post the uncropped image so that we can see the actual one that you clicked. Using digital zoom and cropping reduces the image quality.

Sushant Potdar
26-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Can you post the uncropped image so that we can see the actual one that you clicked. Using digital zoom and cropping reduces the image quality.

I dont have the uncropped image of that picture. But I will post another image which is similar to that....