PDA

View Full Version : Jackal

Anand Madabhushi
26-05-2012, 04:59 PM
1/400; f8; ISO640; 100-400 Full Frame.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Anandji,
This is one nice moment. Where was this clicked? I have got soft corner for jackals. One doesn't often see jackals feeding on such large kills. Did you see only one jackal there or more? The light has become a bit harsh. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-05-2012, 08:23 PM
A rare moment of Jungle drama so vividly captured.For hunting larger prey (than chital fawn),sometimes they run in a pack.But I have no knowledge about the feeding habits in such cases.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Anand Madabhushi
27-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Patraji, This was shot in Gir. There was another Jackal but was kept at bay and I thought he/she was sulking.

Anandji,
Where was this clicked? Did you see only one jackal there or more?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
28-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Nice to see it with a kill. The lighting was quite difficult. There are some highlights on the neck and back. Maybe using a lower ISO and a slight +ve EC would have helped. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
28-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Nice lip smacking treat for the jackal and for us too :). Agree that the light seems a bit harsh. I have infact never really seen jackals hunt but have noticed them tail tigers at times in anticipation of a meal. Nice moment captured. Thanks for sharing.