PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Prize for "A Call in the Rainforest"

Sabyasachi Patra
30-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Dear All,
Pleased to inform that my first film "A Call in the Rainforest" has been awarded the 2nd Prize in the film festival organised by Environment Department, Govt. of Maharashtra and Maharashtra State Pollution Control Board. 5th June 10 am is the inauguration and prize distribution by Shri Prithiviraj Chavan, Chief Minister of Maharashtra.

Prasad Dingankar
30-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Sir,
Heart felt wishes & congratulation on the feat achieved. Its the hardwork & efforts taken by you & your team which was due for recognition.

I am sure this will further motivates you to continue your efforts towards the conservation. Once again Hearty congratulation.

Kind Regards
Prasad

Its a pleasure wishing you first on the forum

Murugan Anantharaman
30-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Many Congratulations Sabyasachi. Is the film going to be screened in Mumbai? If so please let me know, I would love to go see the film.

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Congratulations.Really happy to get the good news.The way you were documenting Nature's beauty and fury in the Sundarbans with spirit and dedication, many more ackowledgements and rewards will flow.SaktiWild

Suraj Sreedhar
30-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Congratulations:thumbup:.............

Rajan Kanagasabai
30-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Hearty congratulations Sabyasachi.

This is just the beginning. Much more laurels await your glorious career ahead. Proud to be your acquaintance and a fellow Indiawilds member.

regards
Rajan

Atul Sinai
30-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Congrats Sabyasachi, Mrudul and to all those who were a part of it !

Joshi Bhavya
31-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Many Congragulations... This is Awesome Work..:thumbup:

Manasi Chaphalkar
31-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Sabyasachi Sir..i did see the film and its all the very good work towards conservation. Respect all your efforts taken for the same... Very proud to be associated with Indiawilds..Congratulations again.. :)

Regards
Manasi C

Dipankar Mazumdar
31-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Many Congratulations Sabyasachi..!!

Krishnadas N Mallya
31-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Hearty Congratulations and I hope more join you in the efforts and may we bring the change soon.

Thanks for working so hard for Nature Conservation and I salute you for that.

Congrats and Please keep going
Krishnadas N Mallya

Roopak Gangadharan
31-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Very happy to hear this Sir and hearty congratulations. A proud moment for you and all of us at Indiawilds.

I’m sure this will help in spreading awareness on the plight of the LTMs and other inhabitants of the fragmented rain forests.

Regards
Roopak.G.

Hymakar Valluru
31-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Congratulations Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
01-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Great news.keep up the good work.

A.S.Chandrashekaran
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Hearty congratulations Sabyasachi. Wish you many more Laurels.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Dear All,
Thanks a lot for your wishes.

This was the first attempt. Mrudul has helped a lot in terms of assisting me as well as handling the production planning, logistics etc. I am sure later more members can be a part of our productions.

I am happy the film has been appreciated. Maharashtra environment department and Maharashtra pollution control board will now screen the film in various places and it will help in raising awareness.

The prize distribution will happen on 5th June forenoon. In the afternoon session the film will be screened along with other films. If any one in Mumbai can come then I can meet there in the mantralaya venue.

Shaktipada ji,
Thanks for your kind words. In the storm, I saw a rare beauty of Sundarbans. It didn't induce fear in me. Rather it was a sense of awe and joy being a part of it. There will be many more trips to Sundarbans to document it properly.

Sabyasachi

Congratulations.Really happy to get the good news.The way you were documenting Nature's beauty and fury in the Sundarbans with spirit and dedication, many more ackowledgements and rewards will flow.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
The schedule for the film is as follows:
The program starts at 10 am and the awards will be given at that time. Our film is scheduled to be screened at 3.38pm on 5th June. Anyone who is in Mumbai can come and join us either for the film screening or for the entire program starting from 10am.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi Patra
06-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Uploading image of receiving award from Maharashtra Chief Minister Shri Prithiviraj Chavan and Dy. Chief Minister Shri Ajit Pawar. The leader of Opposition looks on...

The Maharashtra Chief Minister was very eloquent and spoke on all the environmental issues including western ghats report by Madhav Gadgil, use of solar power, sustainable development etc. The entire program was telecasted in DD.

Image clicked with Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 16-35 f2.8 L II USM by Mrudul.

Suranjan Mukherjee
08-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow! Congratulations sir. Thank you and to all those who were a part of it. wish to take part of your future productions.

Keerthy Rajagopal
08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Hearty congrats sir, to you, Mrudul and all those involved.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks Keerthy. This was the first effort. There are many in the pipeline.

Suranjan,
The plan is to involve people who are members of IndiaWilds. The reason is once an understanding is established, it becomes easier. At present I am unable to carry all the equipment. And there is more stuff that I am procuring whenever I find someone coming from US. I have lot of plans and dreams.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sushant Potdar
14-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Congratulations sir...!! This makes me even more excited to see your film.. :)

Praveen Siddannavar
16-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Congratulations Sabyasachi and Mrudul, both of you have equally worked hard towards making this film. This is well deserved reward and more to come for sure.

Best wishes
Praveen Siddannavar

Sabyasachi Patra
20-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks a lot. There will be many more short films for conservation purposes to come in the future.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi