PDA

View Full Version : Chital @ Borivli National Park

Murugan Anantharaman
01-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Managed to go to Borivli national park a few days back but was disappointed to know that the Director of the park was away. There were others but were not willing to permit entry into the park without a bribe. I decided to not encourage this and drove into certain motorable roads which did not need permission. To my surprise realised that virtually 90% of the park was not permitted for entry without a 'bribe'. Managed to see this herd of spotted deer.

Nikon D3100, f/5.6,SS 1/640,ISO 400, ec -.7,300mm. full frame image.

Saktipada Panigrahi
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Nice sighting.Nice image from Borivali (Sanjay Gandhi) N.P.Some leopards are there, who are under tremendous pressure.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Feel sad to know the state of BNP. If these things can happen so close to such a big city, what can we expect in the interiors :(. With the human population so close to the park, it is hard for the animals to survive there. Could you sight any leopards? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
01-06-2012, 03:22 PM
No Mrudul. I was not allowed to enter the core area so there was no chance. I could still manage to spot a 8foot long rat snake, jungle crow,some langurs and a black shouldered kite. Thats pretty much about it.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Happy to find that atleast you could see a cheetal. I remember a few years back during the peak of leopard trouble, they had released a few deers from some zoos. Adequate protection has to be there for both predators and prey. If the prey density goes up, then one can find predators in non-core/buffer areas as well.

Suraj Sreedhar
02-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Nice to see images from Borivli National Park.How far is it from Mumbai?
Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Suraj: Its actually within the city limits :(. The major part of the city is around the park. Makes this increasingly difficult for the leopard and other animals to get their space.