Tv -1/250s
ISO -100
Focal length -55+crop.

Gajanan Bapat
02-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Nice Immage capture, also shadow. TFS

Bhargava Srivari
02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Seems she was quite close to you. Nice thought from your side to include the shadow. Good that you were able to shoot at base ISO. How much of a crop is this? I am sure that with some practice, you will know what focal length to use exactly, to get a composition that does not need any cropping, when you have focal length to spare (i.e. not using the maximum focal length).

tfs

Suraj Sreedhar
02-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Bhargava Srivari
She & her male cub(cross tail)wanted to cross the safari track and came quite close to us.Actually in this image cross tail was standing behind his mother(Gowri) as i wanted to include both of them in the same frame,I pulled back my lense to 55mm.
I thoght of 1st posting Gowri alone including her shadow and cropped it about 40%.

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Good thinking.The pose looks good.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
As you said you had both mother and cub in the image, I think it would be good to post the image as it is without cropping. Presently because of the crop there is lot of loss of details.

I liked the present composition with the shadow, but I feel without the crop it would have looked better. Thanks for sharing.