PDA

View Full Version : Tiger/Bandipur!

Praveen Siddannavar
06-06-2012, 08:57 AM
This is Tigress (Gowri's) oldest son, he almost looks like a fully grown Tiger. It was nice to see him so relaxed, amazing sighting this. Had 9 tiger sightings last weekend at Bandipur Tiger Reserve, thanks to Basavanna of JLR.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 500mm lens
EXIF - ISO 800 Av 4 Tv 1/600, Cropped

Bhargava Srivari
06-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Nicely composed given that the scene looks a little tough to compose. He does look handsome. Did you try any images with less space in the foreground?

Cheers

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I like the composition.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Nice relaxed pose. Good eye contact. Placing the tiger slightly lower in the frame would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
07-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Lovely sighting and nice image. The tiger looks relaxed and unperturbed by human presence,though he's got his eyes locked on you. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice one praveen...not posting much these days ???

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Nice eye contact. It seems to have grown up. Agree with the previous comments. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
16-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys for the comments, I know i have not been active in the forum for a while now. It has been busy both at work and on personal front.

Bhargava - the idea this perceptive of leaving space in the foreground is to give the feel how far this was was. for better understanding, let me narrate the situation. The tiger was miles away, we knew it was Gowri's cub becoz of the location where we spotted him. We chose to shoot from distance ~ 300+ meters simply because the cubs are still very shy and had we approached closer he would have disappeared in a flash. The image posted is shot using 500mm lens, I also connected a 1.4x TC later and got him even closer with 700mm focal length. The tiger did sense our presence but was relaxed becoz we were quite far. Since some of my friends who were seated in fronted didn’t get the right angle, we moved the jeep a little and in no time the tiger disappeared in the undergrowth.