PDA

View Full Version : Solitude

Sabyasachi Patra
06-06-2012, 09:27 PM
One more image from the new Canon EF 16-35 f2.8 L II USM. Unfortunately, I have been so busy that I have not been able to test this lens properly.

The previous image was posted here: Placid waters - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9816)

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, EF 16-35 f2.8 L II USM lens, f22, 1/40, ISO 200, handheld image, full frame.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
07-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Nice image Sabyasachi. The title is apt for this image. The solitary piece of rock looks nice and so is the reflection of trees in water. Wish the sky had some more colors. Thanks for sharing.

Indranil Panigrahi
08-06-2012, 11:41 AM
This image evokes a sense of peace and tranquility.I would like to quote the following lines:

'......when....the fever of the world,
Have hung upon the beatings of my heart-
How oft,in spirit, have I turned to thee,
.................................................. .....
Knowing that Nature never did betray
The heart that loved her; 'tis her privilege,
Through all the years of this our life,to lead
From joy to joy....'

Tintern Abbey;William Wordsworth

Sabyasachi Patra
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Murugan,
It took time to reach this place as the exact location was not known. Started quiet early and reached there after sunrise and some clouds. I am wondering if the sky would have been colourful, then the attention may have shifted from the rock. I had composed this to get everything in focus. The 16-35 is a nice lens.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi