PDA

View Full Version : Leopard, Kabini

AB Apana
20-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Kabini. 400D + 300f4 + 1.4x converter. ISO 400 on Aperture Priority @ f5.6

Soon after this image, he proceeded to spray the tree. However, my camera was busy writing from the buffer to the card! But I love the perspective here. Apologies to those who have already seen this.

Thanks for looking. Comments and critique welcome.

PS: Took a chance and went to JLR today and managed to get a tented cottage in Kabini on the 29th and 30th of May. If any forum members are likely to be there, please let me know.

Apana

Sabyasachi Patra
20-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Nice environmental image. I am green with envy. Last week the leopard just ran away with her cub. I hope she would have given me time to flirt. I am sure watching the leopard spray on a tree would have been nice. But I can imagine how much you would be cursing for not getting that shot.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
21-05-2009, 10:11 AM
nice moment captured along with the surroundings...gives a nice feel of the jungle...seems its was almost dusk as the light seems to be a bit low or maybe its a part of the jungle where even in broad daylight its dark. If its the latter then its wonderful,must have been pretty dense!!

Mrudul Godbole
21-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Apana,

Nice photograph. I too sometimes on crutial moments loose out photographs because the camera is busy writing to the card. I have just once managed to get a decent shot of the leopard till now. I hope you get more of him in your trip back to Kabini.

Kiran Ghadge
21-05-2009, 10:50 AM
thats nice environmental image.Iagree with other, would have loved more sharper image

Div Puri
22-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Fantastic shot Apana. Love it.