PDA

View Full Version : Red Wattled Lapwing @ TG Halli

Hymakar Valluru
13-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Had been to TG Halli over last weekend, had started a bit late and effected by harsh light.. Did not expect the place to be that great.... Disappointed as the quality of the images did not come as well as i had expected.

Based on Mrudul's advice i had moved away from Auto ISO to manual.. I think with that light i should have adjusted ISO from 400 to 200.

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/3200
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM

Mrudul Godbole
14-06-2012, 04:16 PM
The flight pose is nice. Good eye contact. Good to know you removed the Auto ISO. There seems to be loss of details. Is this a crop? Also do check the AF point. You could have used a narrower aperture to get more details. Thanks for sharing.

Hymakar Valluru
14-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Consistently i am getting my AF wrong, looks like some issue with the camera, will get it checked. It is a crop. I should have used narrower Aperture.

Atul Sinai
14-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi Hymakar,

The image looks out of focus to me. Set the AF drive to AI Servo when you are shooting birds in flight. Selecting the center AF point will help if the subject is at fair distance. Keep the shutter half-pressed and allow the camera to focus before pressing it fully.

Panning along with the bird will help.

With your camera and lens combo you will be able to produce better results soon. Practice is the key.

Thanks for sharing

Sabyasachi Patra
15-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Agree with the previous comments. One thing that you can do is to do slight amount of manual focus and helps in locking in the focus better. The image stabilisation also takes time to stabilise. The complete downstroke of the winds is nice. With lapwings, having a black eye and black head, frontal lighting is the best for the focus to lock on quickly.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi