PDA

View Full Version : Black Winged Stilt Landing

Hymakar Valluru
18-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Clicked at TG Halli dam.. Security guys did not allow me on the side of the dam / water... had to hide at the other end of the river and click few images...

As advised by Sabyashachi & Bibhav bought 1.4X TC III, i wouldnt have got this image so clear from a distance of ~ 50 to 60 mtrs.

Few dream clicks i cud get will post in the evening after PP.

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1600
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3 (this time i narrowed the aperture unlike in the past where i stuck to 4 :-) )
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III

Sabyasachi Patra
18-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Good that you got the 1.4xIII TC. Now your focal lenght will be 420mm, so you will start getting much better images than before. However, in bird photography what ever long lens one may use, there will be situations when that lens will fall short. So in each place, we need to pick and choose which bird to click. Waiting at one spot in a hide or even in a car often helps as the birds come closer.

In Chilika and in other places, you will find these guys much closer. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
19-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Nice landing pose. Its good you used a narrower aperture. I feel a more rectangular framing would have been better. Wish the bird had been coming towards you, that would have enhanced the image further. Thanks for sharing.