PDA

View Full Version : Dubdubbe Falls | Malayannagiri

Bibhav Behera
18-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Mullayanagiri is the tallest peak in Karnataka standing at around 6400ft. Had been for a short visit to it. Deep in one of the coffee estates at the foothills of this Peak in Chickmanglur, we found this waterfall.

Canon EOS 7D, 17-40 f/4L USM at 21mm (Tripod Mounted) with Cokin Grad ND4 Filter (for toning down the bright shrub on the right)

SS 1.6"
f/22
ISO 100

Full Frame image. Comments and Critiques welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
18-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Lovely waterfall. The water flow looks nice. The composition looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Nice place. I am sure you would have many more compositions. Perhaps in the rains, the flow would increase and cover up more of the rocks in the middle. Were you standing on the water edge? Do you have the full set of GND filters? I think one with less strength would have been better as the right side has become darker.

Why not use 17mm?

Bibhav Behera
18-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I did try compositions at 17mm, but given the amount of water, the image didn't appeal much. So I thought of isolating parts of the fall. There is a stage of similar height above the frame I have clicked. I have ones at 40mm as well. Will Share.

This was shot with the ND4, ie the 2Stop filter. I have the Cokin ND4 and ND8 soft transition Graduated ND filters. I'm not sure if a lesser one is available.

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-06-2012, 05:21 PM
The image of the waterfall is so beautiful that it seems to provide a musical effect to the ears.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Bibhav Behera
23-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Shakti Sir,
Thank you for your wonderful words. The scene was indeed like a song, music for the eyes and the soul.

Rajan Kanagasabai
25-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Hi Bibhav

Loved the milky flow of water caused by the slow shutter speed. The shine / glow of the rocks by the moisture looks great. Thanks for sharing.

regards
Rajan