ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Greetings Members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greetings Members

I am Sriya Prasanna , from Chennai a dentist by profession. Photography was my childhood passion had and still have my Nikon film camera. As it is a expensive as a hobby and as a profession , I couldn't take it to the next level. With my 12 year old into photography for the past 5 years , it has sort of re kindled my old passion once again.

I am looking at learning , sharing with a forum like this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sriya

Welcome to Indiawilds. We've met at the Madras Naturalist Society meetings (my wife Lalitha is an active MNS member) and recently at the Saravanakumar film show at IIT. I know the talent your lil one posses especially his knowldege of the avian kind and it would be great to share his knowldge with all the members here as well. I'm sure you will have a great time at Indiawilds.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Syria,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Its good to know you are getting back into photography and your son too is very interested in it. I have seen his images which you posted, and he is really doing good. Would like to know his name, so we can address him when critiquing. Look forward to see more. Keep posting.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His name is Vikas Madhav, doing his 8th grade in Chennai. He has been using cameras since 4th grade. But Since 2010 Jan it has been the canon 500D and 300mm lens.

A rosy ringed parakeet was the first bird that he took picture (2008), a wild one which had come to visit our caged African love birds which we had rescued
    The day he realised that he could store the pictures of the birds that he saw , there has been no stopping. His favourite bird is the crow as they clean up the city , this was his explanation when he was in 5th grade

Will post that picture too in due course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome to IndiaWilds!

I think we have met once in chennai near that Palikarnai Marsh. I was there along with Dakshinamurthy of WWF. I guess that was in 2009. I could recognise him from the photograph. I remember him being very enthusiastic. I am sure he has a great future.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes your are absolutely right. The same Vikas Madhav

Thread Information