User Tag List

Thread: Indiawilds Kabini Meet..!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Indiawilds Kabini Meet..!

Indiawilds Kabini Meet

We, the members of Indiawilds had arranged a meet in Kabini on 6th 7th and 8th July. The meet was really a memorable one for me and also for all of us. Hence I felt like sharing my own experiences on this forum. This was my first time in Kabini and Kabini never disappointed us. We stayed at JLR . On the way to Kabini we visited Ranganthittu. Got some good birds to see like Open billed Storks and Black headed Ibis, Purple Heron and Pied Kingfisher which I had not seen before. The most memorable experience in Ranganthittu was of the Marsh Crocodile which was lazying on the rock amidst the waters . What disturbing sight was that a fishing net was completely entangled around its jaw . How will it be able to remove that entangled net from its jaw?As we can see Hymakar has already uploaded the image of the same crocodile in the forum in Conservation Imagery (CI). We need to raise awareness for the illegal fishing which goes around like this in numerous places due to which such many faunas and animals are affected .

In Kabini we had booked four safaris. Had very good sighting. For me exceptional were the alarm calls given by deers , langurs ,Peacocks. Witnessed a rare sight of elephant calf suckling its mother.

Did not sight tiger and missed the leopard within few minute, but got to see fresh Tiger droppings. also saw numerous raptors like CSE and Changeable Hawk eagle and also numerous birds.The sightings of Wild Boar, Gaurs, Sambars made my day. Overall it was a very amazing time for me in forest. So many things I saw and learnt for the first time. On the way back before Mysore there was some swamp over a small bridge where we sighted Pheasant tailed Jacanas and Purple Moorhens, Brahminy kite and some Grebes.
    Also, the time when we were not in forest for safaris, was spent is some fruitful and interesting discussions regarding the conservation of our disappearing wildrness. As I am an amateur and have not visited much places I got to hear experiences shared by of fellow members on wildlife. Together we saw the film “A Call in Rainforest” by Sabyasachi Patra and also we all talked with Sabyasachi on how we can contribute to Indiawilds and get more involved in whatever ways which is possible for us. We asked him to post the tasks needed in the announcement sections, so all members can check and contribute on whatever activities they are comfortable in. Also we had discussions regarding how more the number of members contributing to the conservation should rise. Any interested nature and wildlife lover or conservationist should contribute to the forum acitvites in whatsoever form they wish to. The forum is not limited to just photographers. There are many people who are not photographers but nature lovers and conservationists. We discussed various ways in which more people will contribute towards the conservation efforts .Hence Indiawilds has started a new Conservation Imagery section so that many people who have witnessed the conservation challenges and have seen the impact of reckless human behavior on wildlife can contribute their bit towards conservation. I really thank Sabyasachi Patra and Mrudul for starting this new section. Request personally to everyone to contribute their bit towards conservation of nature and wildlife.

It was really good meeting the members of Indiawilds personally like Sabyasachi Patra, Mrudul, Sucheeth Atul, Roopak and Hymakar. We should plan more such meets and field activities where more members get chance to come and interact with each other. And also special thanks to Mrudul and rest of the members for answering my idiotic queries . Also had loads of fun with all the members. Would like to mention as I am beginner everyone helped me lot in understanding many things and listening to the experiences of Roopak Gangadharan and Sabyasachi Patra was of great experience to me.

Last but not the least, thanks Indiawilds for arranging this meet which really means lot to me and also to other members. I will be more inclined towards the conservation of our wilderness from henceforth. And there will be many more people and members who will also think the same.

I just felt like sharing my experience with all the fellow Indiawilds members and i am happy doing it

Regards,
    Manasi
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 11-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to know all of you had a good time. Could not get back in Time from my tour to join you guys and hence missed a wonderful chance to get to know quite a few forum friends.

It would have been lovely to put a face to the words that i am used to interacting on the forum . . . . . maybe next time . . . .

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its nice to know that all of you had a wondeful time at Kabini.I personally missed the trip and it looks like a great loss.I had the opportunity of talking with Roopak after he got back and it was nice to know his experience.

Its a good talking point that you raised,that to be a conservationist one need not be a photographer.There are numerous ways you can contribute in saving the last reamins of our wildlife and forests.

Again its good to know that you all had a wonderful time.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Manasi for the detailed trip report. It was nice to meet all of you. Meeting you all personally not only helped to know you all better but we also had a chance to talk about lot of things and discuss about the future plans of IndiaWilds. It was great that all of us could interact with each other and we had loads of fun.

As discussed we will share the activities with all the members and hope for increased participation and involvement from all.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed this one for sure, Manasi thanks for detailed report. Looks like you guys had a blast. I hope to you meet you all soon.

Best wishes and Many thanks,
    Praveen Siddannavar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second Praveen on that. I missed it too. Nice to know all of you had a great time. Thanks for the detailed report Manasi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I missed out a lot in the 40days I was traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Thanks Manasi for the detailed trip report. It was nice to meet all of you. Meeting you all personally not only helped to know you all better but we also had a chance to talk about lot of things and discuss about the future plans of IndiaWilds. It was great that all of us could interact with each other and we had loads of fun.

As discussed we will share the activities with all the members and hope for increased participation and involvement from all.

I live at Greater Kailash enclave-2 New Delhi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed this one , nice Everybody had a great trip,hope to meet everybody in the next one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well written report Manasi. It was nice meeting you and a few others in kabini. Nice to know you guys had a good time.
    Last edited by Sabyasachi Patra; 12-07-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: external links removed
    Bhargava

Thread Information