ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Google Plus Hangouts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Google Plus Hangouts

I was thinking about this idea and would like to get a feedback from all our members?

How about doing a monthly Google Plus Hangout where members can meet and do a video(if available) or voice and discuss about various conservation and other wild life related news

These discussions can be recorded and aired on Youtube channel

We can have eminent experts from this group answer wide variety of questions live

Please let me know your inputs and we can plan to organize this on a frequent basis.

If you don't have IndiaWilds in Your Circle in Google Plus click the below link and add to your circle

https://plus.google.com/b/112189271326830685501/

Cheers
    Kumaran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kumaran,

This is a good idea. We can decide on a date (maybe 2nd Sat or Sun) in September and have a chat in Google plus. I think we can start with Sabyasachi (if he is available) and have a discussion on photography. It can be any questions which members would like to discuss with him on photography, like equipment related, post processing, general queries, etc..

Sabyasachi, would like to know your view on this.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think it is an interesting idea. We can certainly take up some of the conservation issues or plain discussion on natural history. I guess we already talk a lot about photography, however, if there is more demand about it then we can consider it. While speaking to the St. Joseph's college students, I realised that they were very keen on knowing a lot about wildlife behaviour and had asked many questions. It was certainly an interesting experience responding to them. So I think we can do these talks.

However, I am not sure how many people have google plus at the moment. Also, there may be a few challenges like choosing the correct settings etc. I am sure we can write it down and send it to people if they need any technical help in logging in. While sending this month's newsletter, we will also tell them to create a google plus account if they don't have one.

Will wait to hear from others.
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree we need to have good number of audience registered on IndiaWilds Google Plus Circle. This initiative will help us to do this.

Hangouts is pretty simple does not require complicated settings... we need to have a mike at the least to ask questions and if you have video you can join with video.. what I would suggest is that before we make our first event we internally can do one such hangout to identify any technical snags and post them as instructions when we do our first event

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is certainly is a good idea...we need more interaction between members and this will be a good start and it will be nice if the newsletter can give some info on the settings etc, mock session before starting off as suggested by kumaran will be helpful ...

Rgds
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant Idea, will certainly be a great initiative. Lets go for it.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great why dont we first do one internal event and then we can make a public hangout.this first one will help us to identify all the stuff thats required to joun the hangout.

Please suggest a date and timing and the agenda for the internal meet and we can schedule it accordingly

Iam on travel in Canada and US till Sept 25 but should be able to schedule and join the hangout

Cheers
    Kumaran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice idea. Am sure this is a good way of advocating the cause of conservation. I am not sure how popular Google plus is, as I havent seen it at all. Have heard only discussions on facebook from people. But am sure will be good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think we can try out this weekend (mike testing check! check! check!)

Let me know what time is suitable.

I agree with Murugan that Google Plus is not so very popular. However, since most of us have gmails, google plus is just a click away. We can explore how this is and if later we find a better solution then we can adopt it.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about today(Sunday) 9.00PM IST?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My id is nkumaran78@gmail.com if anyone is around we can do hangout to try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My network is behaving funny for sometime. So much for 3G! One second it is 0 kb, the other second it shoots up and then dies. I guess I will also try out MTNL.

We need to push this back for a couple of weeks at least. Hopefully, till then we can increase the updates in the Google plus page and make more people follow it.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information