ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Just like his father

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just like his father

Let me say there is nothing special in this image.Mirachani Cub always reminds me his father
    What a male
    D300/600/ISO200

C & C welcome

Harshad
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is nice image, there is scope to increase contrast and sharpness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image, tiger in the grass ! He is definitely a very handsome cub to photograph. Where was he the past 2 weeks ? ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. What was the shutter speed? It doesn't look razor sharp, as presented. A slight increase in contrast would also give a feeling of apparent sharpness. A narrow aperture would have been good. Also, try removing the border and then see the image. The border takes away attention from the tiger. Well after I wrote this, I thought I need to take a shot at processing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2nd version has blown the whites and colors are whitewashed (to my eyes).

Here's my version. Just increased the "black levels" a tad bit and selective sharpened the body. Automatically adds contrast without having to use "contrast" functions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kiran,
    Thanks for reposting. It always helps when several people share their perspectives.

I didn't use the "contrast" functions. Just worked on the levels. In my monitor the only whites that is blown is the white border as confirmed by the histogram. I did pull up the exposure by +0.29. Pulled up the highlights, blackened the blacks a bit. By lowering the highlights, the grass would be toned down. I guess that has attracted your attention in my repost. I too find that lowering the highlights makes the grass better. The overall brightness can lowered as per individual taste.

Also, I tried to remove the greenish yellow colour cast introduced most likely by increasing the colour temperature by Harshad.

Selective sharpening is not allowed in most of the major photography competitions. So I don't do it.

I have always maintained that borders are not conducive for critiquing sites, though it may be the norm in photosharing sites. It is difficult to critique shots when there are borders.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this picture a lot. Agree with Sabyasachi that borders can be distracting.

Not sure about selective sharpening. Sabyasachi can you clarify on this?

Apana

Thread Information