ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Malabar giant squeirrel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malabar giant squeirrel

In last 2-3 days I was roaming around in Kochin and went to see the water falls in Attharpalli town.

Instructed the driver to entered the jungle towards Tamil nadu border in search of elephents, The jungle was huge with lush green vegitation. Spotted black langoors and this giant squeirrel. There are lot many of these in jungle.

Was having my flight back to Delhi in the evening so did not spent much time in the jungle and missed the action shot.
    Copyright: IndiaWilds - Conservation & Wildlife Photography Forums http://indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10873

Canon 7D, 100-400, F7.1, 1/500, ISO 1600 handheld.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards
    Ashok Sorout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very typical pose of the Malabar giant squirrel. Slight less space on the left and more on the right would enhance the composition further. The habitat looks nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice pose of the strikingly handsome squirrel. The composition with the habitat is liked by me. From region to region the colour(s) of the Indian Giant Squirrel( Ratufa indica) varies.
    Happy to learn that you could tie-up jungle safari with your other schedule. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tough lighting situation due to Sun high in the sky. The squirrel (Ratufa indica) seems to be feeding on something. Was this close to the Athirapally falls or photographed on the road? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi Sir it was seen in the jungle road after the falls. This road goes to TN via the jungle. It was spotted there road side. One was seen close to the fall too.
    Regards
    Ashok Sorout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like one of those hairy, fur / stuffed toys kids adore. Lovely composition. Agree the light was harsh for the whites are blown.

Curious to know why the ISO was so high when the light was harsh and even with the high ISO (1600) the shutter speed is only 1/500. Must have been a really tricky lighting situation . . . . thanks for sharing

regards
    Rajan

Thread Information