ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigers of Tadoba#10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tigers of Tadoba#10

It was early morning probably around 7am and we were driving back from Jamun bodi referred to the name of a water hole where we had some amazing sightings of the Pandherpouni Tiger cubs. As we drove & hit the main road, a tigress was spotted resting on roadside on our left. The tigress was too close for my 500mm lens so I had to use the 100-400mm lens. Our Naturalist cum guide Manish Varma informed us that she is "Chotti Tara meaning Little Star and named after her mother who was named as Tara. This Tigress seemed quite relaxed and our presence didn't bother her. Within no time few more Gypsy's gathered seeing this lovely lady. The most distinct identification of hers is the blister on her nose & it looks like a permanent one, I managed to cross verify her images clicked by my friends last year & even the blister was present that time. A little later she walked on the road fearlessly in presence of some 6-8 jeeps, it was amazing to watch her so close. And not to forget Chotti Tara brought in more luck for us that day and we had about 9 Tiger Sightings on a single safari.

Camera Canon EOS 7D Canon 100-400mm lens
    EXIF - ISO 400 Av 5 Tv 1/250 sec, Focal Length
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pose and good eye contact. The composition looks nice. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image and nice head turn. thanks for the detailed account. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice composition. When was it photograph? I mean date..
    I am planning a visit to Tadoba some were on 26th Of this month. Is there any hope visiting Tadoba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was photographed in June 2012, hopefully safaris will be operational post hearing today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prasad Digankar,

Safaris in Tadoba are to start from the 20th of this month. So yes you could travel :-) Please make sure to grt your bookig confirmed at the earliest; there's a long line of people waiting for Tadoba to open gates.
    Bhargava

Thread Information